This delicious cobbler is the perfect way to enjoy the sweet taste of blackberries. It’s easy to make and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. The combination of sweet blackberries and buttery cobbler topping will make your taste buds sing.
Why You Need To Try It
This cobbler is a great way to enjoy the sweet taste of blackberries. The cobbler topping is buttery and sweet, and the blackberry filling is tart and delicious. It’s a perfect balance of sweet and tart that will make your taste buds dance.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hours
Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar, separated
- 1 cup self-rising flour, see notes for easy homemade version
- 1 cup milk, any kind, whole is best
- 1/2 stick butter, melted. (equal to 4 tbsp.)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, rinsed and patted dry.
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar and the self-rising flour.
- Add in the milk and melted butter, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the blackberries and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Spread the blackberry mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cobbler is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Notes with Advice
Be sure to use self-rising flour for this recipe. If you don’t have any, you can easily make your own by combining 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories 424kcal
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 97g
- Protein 6g
This blackberry cobbler is a delicious and easy dessert that is sure to please. The combination of the sweet and tart blackberries and the buttery cobbler topping is a match made in heaven. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat. Enjoy!