There is nothing quite like a slice of warm banana bread, fresh out of the oven. This recipe produces a banana bread that is sweet, moist and full of banana flavor. The secret is using very ripe bananas which are naturally sweeter and help keep the bread soft and delicious.
Why You Need To Try It:
This banana bread recipe is a classic and a favorite for good reason. It’s delicious, easy to make and a great way to use up overripe bananas. Your house will smell amazing while this is baking!
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup nuts (optional)
1/2 cup buttermilk
4-6 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups mashed)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until well combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently fold in the mashed bananas and nuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and enjoying!
This classic banana bread recipe is the perfect way to use up overripe bananas and is always a hit. Enjoy a slice with your morning coffee or as an afternoon treat. The sweet banana flavor and moist crumb will have everyone coming back for more!